Program Dates: To Be Announced
Program Fee: For Equalifi Members: INR 17,700
For Non-Members: INR 29,500
Family-run businesses, by virtue of their outlook, structure and management control have different business models, values and cultures when compared with non-family businesses. They, therefore, have their own strengths and weaknesses. In India, the role of family businesses in nation building, wealth creation, employment generation and contribution to the exchequer is both significant and commendable. In India, family businesses have been the bedrock of the economy since centuries. Currently India has 108 publicly-listed family-owned businesses, the third highest in the world with more than 60% of the GDP being contributed by family-owned businesses. The financial performance of family-owned companies has been superior to that of non-family- owned peers. Furthermore, family businesses appear to focus more on long-term growth and they have outperformed their peers in terms of share price returns.
As Indian family businesses are more and more getting in sync with their global counterparts, Family owners are increasingly recognizing the need to professionalize while hiring team members as well as hiring qualified advisors and consultant.
Whether you are an accountant, lawyer, banker, financial advisor or a trusted family business insider, the Certificate in Family Business Advising (FBA ) will help you augment your formidable technical skills with the strategies and tools to incorporate social and human considerations while advising business families. By growing your skill set in family business advising, you achieve two critical goals: you will deliver better solutions for your clients; and create a lucrative niche for your practice in a marketplace with substantial potential and growing demand.
How will this course benefit?
On completion of FBA , you will be able to:
– Gain a firm understanding of the nature and complexities of families of wealth
– Analyze the family business, including governance issues and sources of conflict
– Understand the unique challenges and opportunities encountered by professionals working with
– families of wealth
– Assess the needs of the family enterprise and make recommendations for action
– Learn a range of practice tools to help the family businesses
– Develop the skills and knowledge expected of a competent family business advisor
– Explore various management structures used by family businesses