Certificate in Project Finance (CPF) is an advanced, instructor-led program designed to develop a better understanding of the various concepts/principles related to early stage planning, financial structuring and risk assessment under project finance.
This program will equip you to develop core competencies in technical, financial & economic market appraisal, securities, term loans, external commercial borrowing, risk assessment & mitigation, venture capital, lease finance and working capital finance.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Learn key techniques of Project Finance
- Use qualitative and quantitative tools and measures to distinguish the key risks
- Interpret each of the risks to determine their severity and potential impact on the transaction structure
- Appreciate how the mechanisms in the transaction documents operate to protect the creditors and evaluate the protection provided
- Build a credit rationale in order to make and substantiate investment decisions
- Introduction to Project Finance
- Market Analysis
- Business Model Analysis (Promoter, Technical, Financial & Economic)
- Jurisdiction, Legal and Expert Reports
- Assessing the Risks (Macro risks, Completion risk, Operational risk)
- Risk Mitigation
- Project Investment Criteria
- Debt Service, Capital Structure and Counterparty Risk
- Debt Structure – Documentation
- Financing Capital Structure (Choice of Securities, External Commercial Borrowing, Venture Capital, Lease Finance, Working Capital Finance)
- Taxation & Incentives
The Suggested/Recommended reference books are available on leading bookstores and online portals. Students can buy the recommended reference book directly from the market for the said course.
- Modern Project Finance – A Casebook- By Benjamin Esty
- Project Financing: 7th edition by Peter K Navazzi and Frank J Fabozzi
- Principles of Project Finance, By E.R. Yescombe
A graduate from any stream (Undergraduate Students can register for exams but would be awarded the final certificate after graduation.)
You can find the upcoming training schedule for CPF program here
Equalifi is offering the CPF examination on an external, remote-proctored platform. Candidates can schedule an exam by paying the exam fee. Once the exam fee payment is done and exam registration is confirmed, the exam platform sends out the exam link by email to the candidates. Candidates can appear for the exam anytime any day within the next 1 year through this exam link from any place. Candidates need a good internet connection and a functional camera on their PC/ Laptop to appear for this exam.